Frequently Asked Questions
How do Meals / Soups / Salads come packaged?
1) Meals come freshly made, vac-packed in a compostable, oven safe, and microwaveable container.
2) Soups come in a 1 litre, 500 ml or 250 ml container.
3) Salads come in a vac-packed container with dressing on the side.
Can these meals/soups be frozen?
1) Meals / soups come ready to be re-heated and enjoyed; however they could be frozen and kept for up to a couple of months.
2) Salads in a vac-packed container, packed with dressing on the side and cannot be frozen.
How long will they keep in the refrigerator, if not frozen?
1) The meals in their vac-packed container could be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
2) Salads in their vac-packed container as well will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
3) Soups will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What is the minimum order?
1) There is no minimum order.
Is Local Delivery Available?
1) For delivery in Guelph,there is a $10.00 fee for orders under $100.
2) There is no delivery fee for orders over $100 (before taxes).
How often will you be offering different meals / soups?
1) We will be adding new limited time offerings
approximately every 4 – 5 weeks When new offerings are added the previous ones will be removed.
Where and When are meals to be picked up?
1) Currently pick up of meals is only available between 3:00 and 5:00 pm on Tuesday and 3:00 and 5:00 pm on Friday at 728 York Rd. in Guelph.
How often will meal / soup choices be repeated?
1) We currently have no set schedule for repeating meal / soup offerings however, itemswill remain available for about 4 weeks once added before being removed from the menu. Popular items will probably be added back after 8 to 12 weeks.
How can I find out about new limited time offerings?
1) Details of the current limited time offerings are posted on the home page of our website on the first Monday of every month.
2) We can add you to our email list so you receive details. An email outlining the next limited time offerings are sent out the same day they are listed on our website.
3) Details of the current limited time offerings will be posted on our Facebook page.
Am I able to request modifications to meals?
1) Yes minor modifications such as changing a vegetable or starch item can usually be accommodated and occasionally we are even able to switch a protein item.
Maple Glazed Salmon – comes with green beans but you would rather have carrots
Type in the comments section of your check-out cart that you would like to substitute carrots for the green beans in your order of Maple Glazed Salmon. – This is an acceptable modification
Mongolian Beef Stir-fry – comes with beef strips but you don’t eat red meat and would
like chicken instead of the beef.
Type in the comments section of your check-out cart that you would like to substitute chicken for the beef in your order of Mongolian Beef Stir-fry. – This is an acceptable modification
Please Note: We will make every effort to accommodate your requests, however we may not
be able fulfill all requests. If for whatever reason we are unable to accommodate your request we will notify you as soon as we see your order and the item may be removed from your order if you wish.
Place your order by: 4 p.m. on Sunday for Tuesday Pickup / Delivery or by 4 p.m. on Wednesday for Friday Pickup / Delivery
If you’re not comfortable ordering online, just call Delicious Direct at 519-823-6700 and a representative will take your order by phone.
More Frequently Asked Questions
Does Delicious Direct provide allergen information on its food offerings?
Delicious Direct identifies any of the 11 Canadian Priority Food Allergens present in the recipes for all individual & family meals as well as all a la carte items. They are identified following the description for each item.
Maple Glazed Salmon
Grilled boneless wild pacific salmon fillet glazed with pure maple syrup. Served with rice pilaf and seasoned green beans. This meal contains Fish & Soy.
California Nut Stir-fry
A broccoli, carrot, cashew & tofu stir-fry in a creamy sauce of peanut butter, ginger & soy. Served with rice pilaf.
This meal contains Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Soy & Sesame.
What are the Eleven Canadian Priority Food Allergens?
The eleven Canadian Priority Food allergens are:
Fish (e.g., salmon, haddock, bass, flounder, cod)
Crustacean & Molluscs (e.g., lobster, shrimp crab, clams, scallops, oysters, mussels,)
Tree nuts (e.g., almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, )
Wheat & Triticale.
Health Canada also includes Sulphites (a food additive) as a priority allergen
How do I re-heat my meals?
Re-heating instructions are as follows:
INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY MEALS
Re-heat In Oven – remove from plastic wrapping; loosely cover the oval tray containing the meal
with foil and place in 350 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes until desired temperature.
Re-heat In Microwave - pierce holes in plastic wrapping and place in microwave. Heat on high
for approximately 2 – 3 minutes until desired temperature.
Please Note: some family meals come packaged in foil containers for these items re-heat as per Pot Pies & Quiche instructions.
SOUPS & STEWS
Re-heat On Stove – remove desired portion from deli container and put into saucepot; Place on stove on medium heat, stirring constantly until desired temperature.
Re-Heat In Microwave - remove desired portion from deli container and place in microwave. Heat on high for approximately 2 – 3 minutes until desired temperature.
POT PIES & QUICHE
Re-heat In Oven – remove plastic wrapping; loosely cover the pot pie or quiche with foil and place in 350 degree oven for approximately 5- 7 minutes until desired temperature.
Re-heat In Microwave – remove pie or quiche from foil container and place on a microwave safe
plate; place in microwave. Heat on high for approximately 2 – 3 minutes until desired temperature.
Please Note: If meals are frozen they need to be thawed in the refrigerator before reheating.